Thoughts for Jill . .

For posts related to culture, current world events, politics and anything similar.

Thoughts for Jill . .

Postby Belle » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:36 pm

It saddens my heart to have heard about the death of Jill Meagher. I watched the news from the time she first disappeared and wondered why she was left to walk home alone. But then thought she has probably walked home alone many times, seeing as how it was not far from home, and nothing has ever happened.

But she was not so lucky this time and I am pleased to know they have caught her killer. My thoughts go out to her friends and family and her death has hit many of us. Too close to home . . . .

It is so nice to see so many turn out to honour her and have her in their thoughts. May she now rest in peace and to Adrian Ernest Bayley, may your soul never rest . . . .
Belle
Top Contributor

Re: Thoughts for Jill . .

Postby Equinox » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:28 pm

It is definitely a tragedy what has happened to the poor girl, no person nor family should ever be have to put through that sort of torment.

But yet it is also so amazing to see a nation rally around those in times of need to provide courage and strength for her friends and family.

I too wondered why she walked home alone, however it was quite relieving to see that they got her killer, yet worrying to know that there are monsters out there so capable of committing such awful crimes. For what may have seemed like no reason at all.

Hopefully now she may rest in peace.
My thoughts are with her and her family.
~Blessed Be~
Your Local Forum Admin, I'm here to help you. :)
Equinox
Site Admin

Postby Belle » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 am

Update: I have read a transcript of what happened. It seems one of her co workers did offer to walk her home but she declined. Plus it seems she had rung her husband to meet her at the pub but he had fallen asleep on the couch and did not get her message until it was too late. Shame she had not thought to ring rather than message, maybe that would have been enough to wake him.

I can only bless those who have come forward to help and those who left offerings for one of their own in the community. I know it touched Brunswick deeply as it has many of us.

Jill will be in our thoughts for a long time . .
Belle
Top Contributor

Postby Lea » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:50 pm

I saw images online of the funeral today, I thought it was lovely the way they released the doves for her.
It was very moving. I hope Jill and her family get the justice they so rightly deserve.
Lea

Return to Culture