What is your religion/spiritual beliefs?

For general posts related to spirituality.

What is your religion/spiritual beliefs?

Postby seawitch » Wed May 28, 2014 12:55 am

Hello all. As I have mentioned in my introduction, I am not a Wiccan, and I was baptized Catholic. Although I absolutely love God and Jesus and have a good personal relationship with them, I do not have an organized religion. Since I can't really find any spell books that aren't based off the Wiccan religion or Pagan or the Witchcraft religion (though there has been a few that I've found that didn't call upon any gods), I've thought about replacing the God(s) they call upon during a spell with my God. What about your guys? What's your religion/spiritual belief, and how do you incorporate it into the Craft?
seawitch

Re: What is your religion/spiritual beliefs?

Postby Equinox » Wed May 28, 2014 10:28 am

Myself, I don't really sway in anything. I believe in the goodness and kindheartedness of my friends, and those who I care about, and who care about me.
~Blessed Be~
Your Local Forum Admin, I'm here to help you. :)
Equinox
Site Admin

Postby seawitch » Thu May 29, 2014 1:22 am

Ahh, okay. That's cool. So when a spell requires you to call up the gods and/or goddesses, what do you call up instead?
seawitch

Postby Equinox » Thu May 29, 2014 6:38 am

seawitch wrote:Ahh, okay. That's cool. So when a spell requires you to call up the gods and/or goddesses, what do you call up instead?

I call upon the strength of my friends, and the spirit manifestations of the elements. :) I have a very select style of spell-casting (and crafting) :)
~Blessed Be~
Your Local Forum Admin, I'm here to help you. :)
Equinox
Site Admin

Postby seawitch » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:13 am

Oh, okay. That's pretty awesome. Yeah, we all do. So then do you nix the certain deity's name when the chant had one in it, and replace it with something else?
seawitch

Postby hecate8 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:37 am

There are Christian witches. You just have to look for them/ the information.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!
hecate8

Postby seawitch » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:57 am

But I don't consider myself Christian, either. I was actually baptized Catholic. I'm not by the Bible at all. I honestly just have a one-on-one relationship with both God and Jesus. I do know that there are Christian witches, which is pretty awesome. I honestly just don't have an organized religion.

I'm sorry if any of what I said sounded rude (I hope it didn't), that was not my intention.
seawitch

Postby hecate8 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:01 am

You didn't sounds rude at all. Perhaps check out ceremonial magick. It calls on angels in the LBRP, which is used in almost all of it's rituals.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!
hecate8

Return to Spirituality General Discussion